Thursday, November 09, 2006

More cool stuff

Bookburger - a really awesome YA book blog had Hannah, a teen reader, do a 10 second book review of Stake That! You can read the entire review (it's short - remember "10 second review") here. But here's a quick quote:
"Mari Mancusi knows what she's doing--she was able to write just like a teenager, online slang included, and make the impossible seem real. "

and...
"It includes all the things that make a book amazing: gorgeous vampires with accents, dangerous missions, and quite a bit of kissing. =]"

Sorry to keep posting reviews. I'm just excited when I hear what people think of the upcoming book and of course I want to share them with you. Especially when people like it. hehe. Cause, you know, sitting writing a book can be a very lonely experience. You wonder sometimes if it's really any good, if people will think it's funny, if the whole being an author thing was just a big fluke and you're really supposed to be digging ditches for a living, etc. Seriously, we authors are all crazy sometimes. :)

In the meantime I'm still finishing up Girls that Growl. And here's some top secret info. This will likely NOT be the last book in the series. Yay! I know what I want the title of the next one to be, but I can't tell yet. Grr... All these secrets, I know, I know. Sorry.

Anyway - gotta go write. I'll ttyl. :)
MARI

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on all the fantastic reviews, Mari. And coming from real live teenagers is even more monumental.

Writing is lonely. I talk to my dog as if she will answer. When she's outside, I just talk to myself.

Can't wait to hear the new book title - they've all been so cool.

Susan