Sunday, April 04, 2010

Adventures in Easter Baking!

As in Peeps sushi. Jacob found this blog entry yesterday and I couldn't resist. After all, Peeps are like my favorite food in the entire universe!

First I gathered my supplies. CVS didn't have fruit roll-ups so I substituted them with some kind of sour strip candy. It didn't work as well--not sticky enough--so if you're crazy enough to try this at home I'd suggest real fruit roll-ups.

DSCN0815

Then I started beheading my peeps!

DSCN0817

DSCN0820

It was a sticky process...

DSCN0818

DSCN0819

But well worth it in the end!!

DSCN0824

DSCN0821

And there you have it! Peepshi! Just in time for Easter.

Marianne

3 comments:

Empress Awesome said...

Awwww! So cute! Peeps are a little bit too sweet for me, but they're cute to look at

Jessica said...

They came out really cute! I saw this rolling around the internet yesterday too, but it's always fun to see how it comes out when someone really tries it, you know? Great job!

Anonymous said...

WOW! these are really cute! i shouldve totally used them this last easter...oh well! theres always next year!