Monday, May 13, 2013

YAB Fest Wrap-Up



This past Saturday I had the opportunity to take part in YAB FEST -- (Young Adult Book Fest) at Round Rock High School in Round Rock, Texas. It was the first year for this festival - but hopefully not the last since it was all kinds of awesome. The organizers were amazingly prepared and treated the authors like rock stars, the booksellers from The Book Spot put together the most tempting temporary on-site book store ever, and the teens who came out were amazing!

I took part in the "The Monstrous Love of My Life" panels with CC Hunter, Victoria Scott, and Mary Lindsey. We talked about writing paranormal YA and why it's so appealing to readers. Everyone asked great questions and hopefully we informed and entertained! I snuck in a little talk about Scorched as well - even though it's fantasy rather than paranormal. But how could I not...once I found out the mascot of Round Rock High...





You guessed it! They're the dragons. Let me tell you my envy of the t-shirts some of the librarians were wearing that said DRAGON PRIDE. Um, want! 

So I spoke, I signed tons of books and t-shirts, gave away stickers and bookmarks, and generally had an amazing day. The best part? Meeting readers like Rebekah. I gave her my last extra copy of Scorched, much to the dismay of some of my author friends...who have been begging for a copy for months. Sorry ladies! 


All and all, an awesome day of books! Can't wait to do it again next year!!! 

MARI




No comments: